Pineapple Chicken is delish: Another classic dish we just never tire of. This is another quick family-on-the-go favourite. Scratch meals made easy. So easy.
Lunch or Dinner
About this Recipe
By: Landy Anderson
Made from scratch, you can cut and chop your ingredients ahead of time and literally put this dish together within minutes. This dish is served over rice. A Gluten-Free and colourful dish that is great for anyone with food intolerances. The perfect menu for a dinner party.
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken (approximately 5 chicken breasts)
- 4 medium onions (approx. 3 cups chopped)
- 2-3 red peppers (approx. 3 cups chopped)
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic approximately (4-5 garlic cloves)
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 fresh pineapple (or one can pineapple chunks)
Step by Step Instructions
Cube chicken. Chop onions and peppers. Crush Garlic. Mince Ginger. Cut pineapple into chunks. Reserve pineapple juices.
Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Brown chicken in cooking oil. Set aside.
Sautee onions and peppers, crushed garlic and minced ginger in the chicken drippings until softened.
Return browned chicken to pan and add chicken stock, pineapple juice, soya sauce and brown sugar.
Serve with rice.